NextVPU (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., headquartered in the IC Industry Park of Zhangjiang Science City, is a technology innovation company engaged in the design and terminal application of AI computer vision processing chips. It has more than 200 employees, where R&D engineers account for 80%. Most of its employees come from top technology companies in the world, such as AMD, Intel, Qualcomm, Marvell, Hikvision, Huawei HiSilicon, SMIC, Cheetah Mobile. NextVPU has obtained several rounds of financing from many renowned institutions and accumulated RMB 500 million in financing. It has applied for more than 100 patents at home and abroad, and obtained the certification of "high-tech enterprises" in China, which has drawn attentions of governments at all levels.
NextVPU has successfully released N-series, D-series and V-series chips whose visual processing capabilities have broken the world record. These chips can be widely used in various fields, such as professional security, aided driving, robots, home cameras, face recognition. These chips support quality ISP image processing by providing a built-in 3D noise reduction and dynamic contrast enhancement module. Regarding the neural network computing acceleration that is widely concerned about AI chips, NextVPU has developed the most energy-efficient AI computing core in the industry, with the highest computing power reaching 2.4 TOPS.
In terms of intelligent terminals, NextVPU has independently developed the AngelEye series of blind aids for the blind, including smart glasses, smart wearable readers, smart portable readers, and smart voice medicine box. By using AI technology to assist image recognition, these terminals have overcome the obstacles in traditional computer vision recognition. Around the world, they have successfully helped more than 10,000 people who are completely blind and visually impaired to bypass obstacles, read words, and find items, significantly improving their ability to take care of themselves and waking up their enthusiasm to participate in society.
NextVPU makes all efforts to enable intelligent devices to have the same visual perception and understanding ability as human beings, complete complex work in different environments, and help people on work and life in all aspects. This is the eternal and unchanged goal that NextVPU will pursue.
- Wu Qing, vice mayor of Shanghai, visited NextVPU for research.
- NextVPU released five chips in succession, which can be widely used in various fields, such as security, access control, home camera, 3D vision, and vehicle.
- After the Chinese and English versions, AngelEye® series of products have been developed in many small languages, including Japanese, Korean, German, and Arabic. In the future, they will be available in more and more countries.
- Alan Feng Xinpeng, the founder and CEO of NextVPU, was selected as one of the leading talents of science and technology entrepreneurship in the national "Ten Thousand Talent Program" initiated by the Central Organization Department.
- NextVPU launched an AI smart reader to help hundreds of millions of visually impaired people feel the world.
- In the activity of lighting up the world with AI, NextVPU and philanthropists such as Pan Shiyi (chairman of SOHO China) cared for blind children and provided donations to the Shanghai blind children school.
- NextVPU settled in the world's largest AIoT laboratory of Microsoft
- The number of AngelEye users exceeded 100,000.
- NextVPU launched the world's leading AI visual processing chip n171.
- NextVPU launched the "technology helps the disabled" solution in China International Welfare Expo and became a member of the Information Accessibility Promotion Committee of China Blind Person Association.
- The length of journey that users travel through by using AngelEye products was about 42 circles around the earth.
- In the experience activities of AngelEye products, users left footprints in 108 countries and regions in the world.
-NextVPU made its debut in 2017 CES, and launched the world's first AngelEye smart glasses to assist people with visual impairment or low vision to travel and perceive the world.
- AngelEye smart glasses won the innovation award in CES Asia.
- NextVPU won the third place in the electronic information group in the Sixth China Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition
- On May 30, NextVPU (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. was officially established in Shanghai Riverfront Harbor. This opened a new chapter in the power of computer vision.